Thursday, July 4, 2013

What I've been up to...

So it's been a few days since I've gotten back from Mexico. It was a very relaxing trip full of sun and sitting by the pool. I started a new series at least new to me by Christine Feehan while I was there. it is her Ghost Walker series and boy am I in love with the heros in the story. I finished the first installment with Ryland and Lily and I was very pleased with how the relationship carried throughout the book. This has been a first for me in the adult generes where I am not reading about vampires. I was a bit worried about reading this series, but I have been preparing for it. I did this by picking authors that still had something along of vampires but not as much as like Ward. SO now I'm on Feehan and there are only enhanced group of men that have military backgrounds. The one thing that I truly love about this group of heroes. The way Feehan writes them interacting is just the best. I get the same feeling as when I read the interactions between the Brotherhood. They are a tough badass group of men, but tat the same time they are just a group of men that stick together and support one another. But of course there are the heroines and so far with the first two I was not disappointed. She was quirky, independent, adorable when she rambles on her own. When I started though I was a little slow to start it. I think it was because after reading the Moon and More I was a little sluggish. Once I got into it though I couldn't stop. I've read Shadow Game and Mind Game. out of the two Mind Game caught my attention more because of the hero Nicolas Trevane, he is the right hand to Ryland who is the leader of the group. There is plenty of action which in the past few months I really enjoy in a series. Now I am on the third installment which is called Night Game. The hero in the story is Gator and needless to say I am excited for his story. In previous appearances I have gotten the feeling that he is the type of character that you could just hang out with and have a good time with. And the heroine in the story is Flame and from the hints about her she seems like she is going to be a tough one. She is what they call an anchor. This means that she has stronger barriers and can control the bombardment of feelings coming at her from those around her. She also has simliar abilities as Gator which should make for interesting interactions. So hopefully I won't be disappointed, now to get reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment